Nationally recognized lifeguard certification course that will allow you to start working, earning your investment back and much more.
The American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard course is a course designed to take entry level participants with no previous knowledge and turn them into professional rescuers.
This certification is a nationally recognized course allowing successful participants to lifeguard at pools. Once completed, the new lifeguard can take this certification and move on to certifications that allow them to guard in beach environments.
Typical course details: While each course may vary, most of our courses follow the following details. The goal is to provide them with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively assist others if an emergency arises.
- Each course has online and in person segments
- Online material takes approximately 7 hours to complete
- In person training is scheduled as 20 hours over 3 days
- Courses begin with the pre-course (included within the 20 hours)
General schedule: Most courses are taught using the intensive format over 3 days. This lets participants complete the entire certification in a weekend and start working the day after.
- Day 1 – Pre-course skills test, entries, approaches, victim recognition
- Day 2 – Assisting distressed swimmers, rescuing an active drowning victim, rescuing a passive drowning victim, performing a primary assessment and treating breathing emergencies
- Day 3 – Treating cardiac emergencies, first aid, rescuing a spinal victim, what to do when things don’t go as practiced, lifeguard written exam and practical skills testing
To participate and pass the course: Participants must meet a variety of criteria to participate and pass the course successfully.
- 15 years of age by the last day of the class
- Pass the pre-course skills test
- Attend all scheduled course time
- Pass written exam with 80% or better
- Pass scenario based skills test
Scheduled Lifeguard Courses
|June 25 – 29||12pm-4pm|
|July 9 – 13||12pm-4pm|
|July 23 – 27||12pm-4pm|
|August 6 – 10||12pm-4pm|
|August 20 – 24||12pm-4pm|