American Heart Association
Basic Life Support
Whether you are entering nursing school or EMT training, you will need certification through the American Heart Association (AHA). AHA is the national standard for BLS.
It is possible get an equivalent certification from another organization. However, most schools, hospitals, businesses and responder organizations will look for the American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider certification card.
If you are in a non-medical related field or simply want to learn how to help someone in an emergency, we recommend our Heartsaver CPR courses. Click here to learn more!
This course will cover:
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Scene safety and assessment
- CPR for an adult, child and infant
- One rescuer and two rescuer responses
- Using an AED and BVM
- Critical role of team members in emergencies
- Helping in opioid life threatening emergencies
- Assisting choking victims
If you would like to request a private course taught at your location, please contact us for more information and to request a course.