American Red Cross LGI/IT Review Course
The American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review is the required course for Lifeguarding Instructors and Instructor Trainers needed to recertify.
During this course, Lifeguarding Instructors and Instructor Trainers will participate in an in-water practice and polish skills session with their peers and a classroom-based review of Red Cross administrative policies and procedures.
Lifeguarding Instructors and ITs may also choose to attend a brief “test out” session following this course to gain a basic-level Lifeguarding certification.
Course records for the basic-level Lifeguarding certification should be submitted electronically, as a separate course record at redcross.org/courserecords.
To be able to participate and pass the course: Participants must meet a variety of criteria to participate and pass the course successfully.
- Must have a current Lifeguarding Instructor or Instructor Trainer certification
- Must be able to attend all class time
- Must pass multiple choice written exam with 80% or better
- Must demonstrate instructor level proficiency with lifeguard skills
General schedule: Most courses are taught in one day for 7 hours.
- Before pool – verify instructor certifications, review American Red Cross administrative policies, general question and answer time
- In the pool – review the base level lifeguarding skills to meet American Red Cross standards
February LGI/IT Review
February 15 from 10-6pm
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook NY 11790