American Red Cross Waterfront Course
The American Red Cross (ARC) Waterfront course is a course designed to take certified lifeguards teach them skills and techniques specific to non-surf environments.
To participate and pass the course: Participants must meet a variety of criteria to participate and pass the course successfully.
- 15 years of age by the last day of the class
- Pass the waterfront pre-course skills test
- Attend all scheduled course time
- Pass written exam with 80% or better
You will be tested on the following skills for the Waterfront Module Precourse Test:
- Swim 550 yards continuously.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
– Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
– Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
– Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point.
– Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence.
November 28 Waterfront Course
When: November 28 from 12:00-6:00pm
Where: Suffolk Y JCC
74 Hauppauge Road, Commack NY 11725