American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course
What you need to know about a Water Safety Instructor CoursePrerequisites:
- 16 years of age on or before the last date of the course
- Complete online Blended Learning before the first day of class, link will be emailed to you once you have registered for the class
- Complete precourse session which includes:Swim the following skills at a learn-to-swim Level 4
- Maintain position on back 1 minute in deep water (sculling is allowed)
- Tread water 1 minute
- Front Crawl-25 yards.
- Back Crawl-25 yards.
- Breaststroke-25 yrds.
- Elementary Backstroke-25 yards.
- Sidestroke-25 yards.
- Butterfly-25 yards.
Certification Includes: Once you have completed the Water Safety Instructor course you will be certified for two years to teach:
- Learn-To-Swim (6 Levels)
- Parent and Child Aquatics (2 Levels)
- Pre-School Aquatics (3 Levels)
- Adult Aquatic Training (3 Levels)
- Water Safety Outreach, includes
- Basic Water Rescue
- Personal Water Safety
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches*
- Water Safety Today
- Water Safety presentations, which include the following:
- General Water Safety
- Home Pool Safety
- Parent Orientation to Swim Lessons
- Sun Safety
- Rip Current Safety
- Longfellow’s W.H.A.L.E. Tales