Here’s how to sign up for the 120-day extension:
- Click this link
- Add to cart
- Complete checkout (if you have a Learning Center account, you likely need to sign in first)
- You will receive 2 emails: 1 will be a confirmation, the second will tell you how to log in
- Go to redcrosslearningcenter.org and click login on the top right
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT – hit forgot password
- IF YOU DO HAVE AN ACCOUNT – just log in
- In the middle of your screen, you will see the section “Classes I’m Taking”. Select 120 Day Certification Extension for Existing CPRO & Lifeguarding Enrollees
- After that loads, hit the red Launch button and complete the module
Once that is completed, you will receive an email verifying you completed the module and it will be added into your Learning Center account.
When you go to take a Lifeguard Review, you will need to show this AND your original certification to the Instructor to be able to take the course. If you do not do it and your certification is beyond the 30-day window, you will need to take a full course again.
Final important piece – it is 100% up to your employer to allow you to work with only the 120-day extension. It does not mean you are still able to work. All that it does is give you the ability to take a review course if your certification is past the expiration.
If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com or call 631-835-7017.
Please forward this to your fellow guards and instructors. If your workplace has brought up questions or concerns, have them give me a call and I can help them work through as well.